It’s the time of year again when we are taking a look at 2021’s top ten most read posts. This year, we witnessed an increased risk of trade secret theft due to the Great Resignation, proposed trade secret misappropriation penalties as a result of Chinese government trade secret espionage, and the expansion of ITC involvement in trade secret misappropriation. Take a look at our top ten posts that highlight these key developments.
1. Former Coca-Cola Employee Convicted of Stealing Trade Secrets for the Chinese Government
By: Raija Horstman, Laura Schwartz, Emily Tucker, and William C. Pellett (May 10, 2021)
2. Trade Secret Misappropriation or Breach of Contract? It can be a costly distinction.
By: Raija Horstman (March 2, 2021)
3. Senate Passed New Legislation to Punish Foreign Individuals and Corporations for IP Theft
By: Raija Horstman and Yao Mou (January 25, 2021)
4. Illinois Amends Requirements for Non-Compete Agreements
By: Astor Heaven and Eli Berns-Zieve (October 31, 2021)
5. Reverse Engineering of Trade Secrets: An important issue you should consider when setting up your innovation protection strategy
By: Jan-Diederik Lindemans and Gunther Meyer (April 29, 2021)
6. Final ITC Ruling in Botox Rival Case Creates More Head-Lines
By: Vincent J. Galluzzo, Molly A. Jones, and Joshua Pond (January 14, 2021)
7. Senator Lindsey Graham’s Proposed Legislation Seeks to Combat “Chinese Purloining” of U.S. Trade Secrets
By: Molly A. Jones and Kevin D. Cacabelos (May 9, 2021)
8. Curiosity Killed A Motion to Dismiss: A Biotech Company’s Business Negotiations Turns into a Trade Secrets Fight
By: Astor Heaven and Crinesha B. Berry (September 21, 2021)
9. AbbVie Trade Secret Claims Fail at Pleading Stage for Lack of Jurisdiction
By: Jacob Canter (October 24, 2021)
10. Employees may come and go. But will your trade secrets follow them?
By: Evelien Jamaels (March 31, 2021)